List of active policies
We do not sell, distribute or otherwise transfer your personal information to third parties or external parties. Your information may be sent to entities directly involved in the Open Virtual Mobility Project as Project Partners. Your name, surname, email and information about your completed courses will be sent to Bestr (https://bestr.it) for Open Badge issuing.
We may also transmit your information when it is necessary to comply with the law, apply the policies of the Open Virtual Mobility Learning Hub, or defend our rights or others.
Any information provided by you is used solely for informational, educational, academic, and research purposes and are not processed or distributed for other purposes or to third parties.
Welcome to the Learning Hub of the Open Virtual Mobility Erasmus+ Project!
1.2 If you have any questions about your personal information, please contact us.
3. Collection of Information3.1 When you access the Website via any means, use the Online Courses and Content, register or post notes, assignments or other material, respond to or participate in any survey or questionnaire sent to you by us or provide comments via the feedback tab, we may collect, store and use certain of your personal information in line with this policy. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website or the Online Courses and Content.
3.2 To register on the Website, we ask for your name, email address, gender, country, language, academic status, and organization. As part of your Learner profile you may also provide your location and other information that will help other learners get to know you. We may also ask you about your educational history or qualifications in order to understand more about you (responding to these questions will always be optional, however). We will also store the results of your assessments relating to Online Courses and Content. If you contact us, we may also keep a record of that correspondence.
3.3 We may also collect data relating to your visits to the Website that cannot identify you but records your use of our Website and Online Courses and Content including, for example, details of how long you have used the Website and the Online Courses and Content for.
3.4 We may also collect your computer’s IP address in order to help us tailor the service to your location.
3.5 Finally, we may receive information about you from third parties who are legally entitled to disclose that information.
4. Use of Your Information4.1 By accessing the Website via any means, using the Online Courses and Content, registering or posting notes, assignments or other material, providing comments via the feedback tab, you agree that your personal information may be collected, stored, used and shared by us and our partners, course and content providers, or third parties we work with, for any of the following purposes:
(a) to provide, maintain, protect and improve the quality of the Website and the Online Courses and Content we offer, and to protect us and our users;
(b) to provide you with a personalised browsing experience when using the Website;
(c) to fulfil any contractual agreements between you and us;
(f) to manage your Learner account that you hold with us;
(g) to allow you to use the full range of features on or via our Website;
(h) to send you course-specific email notifications and updates about Online Courses and Content you are enrolled on;
(i) to comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
(j) to contact you occasionally in order to invite you to share your opinions and experiences of the Open VM Learning Hub;
(k) to allow universities and other partner institutions that provide Online Courses or Content to perform academic research (as more fully set out in paragraph 12 below).
4.2 We may use your email address to send you course notices and updates about our Services. You can control your email preferences on the settings page.
5. Storage of Information5.1 All information is stored on our secure servers. When you register, we will ask you to choose a password which enables you to access the Online Courses and Content. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone.
5.2 We have put in place technical and organisational security measures to prevent the loss or unauthorised access of your personal information. However, whilst we have used our best efforts to ensure the security of your data, please be aware that we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted over the Internet.
6. Legal Basis for Processing Your Information6.1 Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
6.2 However, we will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we have your consent to do so, (ii) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or (iii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
6.3 If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as the possible consequences if you do not provide your information).
6.4 Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
7. Disclosure of Your InformationWe may disclose your personal information to third parties when permitted by law including:
(a) with your consent;
(b) to our suppliers in order for them to help us provide our services to you, this includes:
universities and other partner institutions that provide Online Courses or Content;
These suppliers’ use of your personal data may be subject to their own privacy policies, which are available on their websites, and which we suggest you familiarise yourself with in the relevant circumstances set out above.
if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety, our users, or others.
8. Data Retention8.1 We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so.
8.2 When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
9. Your Rights9.1 You have the following data protection rights:
You can edit your personal details via your profile page whenever you wish. We maintain a procedure in order to help you confirm that your personal information remains correct and up-to-date or choose whether or not you wish to receive material from us or some of our partners.
In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the contact section of our website.
You may also update your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your Learner account page. You may also email us in order to access, correct, delete or update your personal information on our systems. We will answer every email as promptly as possible.
Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information on the basis of your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If you have any privacy-related questions or unresolved problems, you may contact us using the information provided at paragraph 13 below.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
10. ChildrenWe strongly believe in protecting the privacy of children. In line with this belief, we do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of the Website is directed to persons under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Website at any time or in any manner. We will take appropriate steps to delete any personal information of persons less than 13 years of age.
11.2 For more information about cookies, including further details as to what they are and how to refuse them, please see our Cookies Policy.
12. Research12.1 The universities and other partner institutions that provide Online Courses or Content on the Website carry out academic research as they are dependent on research funding in order to develop and provide Online Courses.
12.2 Research will always be conducted in accordance with our Research Ethics guidelines.
12.3 Your activities on an Online Course are shared with the course provider for academic research purposes. This includes the comments you make where you may disclose certain personal information about yourself.
12.4 Even though we never associate your comments, information or other course activity with any of your public user profile information (such as name or profile picture) in the datasets we share with the course provider, it may still be possible to identify you by (a) the content of your comments or (b) finding the actual comment on the Website and seeing the user associated with it. We want you to feel comfortable sharing any comments with us and other Learners on the Website, and we confirm that all our course providers who conduct research will never associate your comment or your activity with your user account by method (b) above and will always treat any personal data in strict accordance with data protection laws and the research ethic guidelines.
12.5 If a course provider wants to quote a comment you have made in their research, they will identify you and your account only for the purpose of obtaining your permission. The restriction against associating the existing datasets shared with the partner, with your user account is still not permitted in accordance with paragraph 12.4 above.
13. Links to Third Party Websites13.1 When clicking on a link within a course step or in a course email, you will be taken to a third party website, the use of which has been arranged by and is the responsibility of the course providing organisation.
13.3 The course providing organisation will only use your personal information for the purpose stated in the course and in accordance with the terms of the third party website.
13.4 Whether you follow a link in a course and submit your personal information or not, your course progress will in no way be affected. Nor will your course marks or Learning Hub profile.
Open Virtual Mobility, Erasmus+ Strategic Partnership